Silversalt PR is a multi-lingual, flexible communications firm based in New York. We offer a full range of publicity and consulting services. Thessa Mooij has extensive experience representing films, corporate clients and festivals for the North American and international media, including the following selection:
- Golden Globe and Oscar campaign for CONCRETE NIGHT (Finland) Awards season 2014. Silversalt PR’s lobbying resulted in a prestigious ASC Spotlight Award nomination for the film’s DoP Peter Flinckenberg by the American Society of Cinematographers.
- Riga Films Meetings (Dec 2014 international press and industry relations leading up to EFA Awards on Dec 12 for the National Film Centre of Latvia
- New York theatrical release: WEST (Nov 2014) by Christian Schwochow for Main Street Films.
- Finnish Film Affair (Sept 2014) Helsinki International Film Festival
- TIFF 2014 (Sept 2014) IN THE CROSSWIND by Martti Helde
- KINO! (June 2014), German Film Festival, NY.
- Cannes (May 2014), TORN (Quinzaine), National Film Centre Latvia, Helsinki Film Festival, Reykjavik Film Festival.
- TRIBECA and HOT DOCS (April/May 2014), LOVE & ENGINEERING by Tonislav Hristov.
- New Directors New Films @ MoMA + Lincoln Center(March 2014), OF HORSES AND MEN by Benedikt Erlingsson for the Icelandic Film Centre.
- International Film Festival Berlin (Feb 2014), TEST (USA) and FINAL RECIPE (Korea).
- Icelandic Oscar campaign for OF HORSES AND MEN by Benedikt Erlingsson.
- Latvian Oscar and Golden Globe campaign for MOTHER I LOVE YOU by Janis Nords for the National Film Center of Latvia.
- Finnish Film Affair (Sept 2013): Finnish industry showcase, part of the Helsinki Film Festival, Cannes publicity and organizing international press attendance.
- Toronto International Film Festival (Sept 2013): R100 (Midnight Madness), CONCRETE NIGHT (Master Series).
- Venice Film Festival: CLASS ENEMY (Critics’ Week), WOLFCHILDREN (Orizzonti), JULIA (Venice Days).
- Karlovy Vary (July 2013): XL (competition – winner of Best Actor award), WITHERING (East of the West competition), FINNISH BLOOD SWEDISH HEART (Variety’s Ten Euro Directors to Watch)
- Cannes (May 2013): corporate clients, National Film Centre Latvia, Helsinki International Film Festival.
- Hot Docs, Toronto (April 2013): CHIMERAS and ALCAN HIGHWAY, international premieres.
- Kino! New films from Germany (April 2013), a film series at the Museum of Modern Art, for German Films.
- Tribeca Film Festival (April 2013): RAW HERRING by Leonard Retel Helmrich, World Documentary Competition.
- North American theatrical release (April 2013) FISTS OF LEGEND for CJ Entertainment America.
- SxSW (March 2013), THE PUNK SYNDROME by Jukka Kärkkäinen and JP Passi in the SX Global section.
- Berlin International Film Festival (February 2013) MUSSELS IN LOVE by Willemiek Kluijfhout in the Culinary Cinema section.
- North American theatrical release (February 2013) THE BERLIN FILE for distributor CJ Entertainment America.
- Sundance film festival (January 2013), HOUSTON by Bastian Guenther, World Dramatic Competition and CHARLIE VICTOR ROMEO by Bob Berger in the New Frontier Film section.
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (November 2012), international publicity for the festival, inviting VIP press.
- Helsinki International Film Festival (September 2012): international publicity for the festival, inviting VIP press and industry (sales agents, distributors).
- Toronto International Film Festival (2012): North American publicity for Spike documentary BAD25 about Michael Jackson’s album BAD.
- Venice International Film Festival (2012): international publicity for Spike Lee’s documentary BAD25 about Michael Jackson’s album BAD.
- Corporate PR and acquisitions consultant (2012) for 108 Media, a new Toronto-based world sales and North American distribution company.
- Cannes, Marché du Film (2012): MYN BALA market screening, 108 Media, corporate publicity, Helsinki International Film Festival publicity and consulting.
- Hot Docs, Toronto (2012): publicity for PUSHWAGNER, THE PUNK SYNDROME and CANNED DREAMS.
- Tribeca Film Festival (2012): EDDIE THE SLEEPWALKING CANNIBAL by Boris Rodriguez (Montreal) in the Cinemania section.
- Dialogue of Cultures Film Festival (2012): publicity and community outreach for the festival’s documentary grant.
- Berlin International Film Festival (2012): CANNED DREAMS by Katja Gauriloff, in the Culinary Cinema section. Acquisitions for 108 Media.
- International Film Festival Rotterdam (2012): BACK TO THE SQUARE by Petr Lom (Norway/Canada), a RETROSPECTIVE of Peter von Bagh’s Finnish work. BUNOHAN by Dain Said (Malaysia).
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (2011), responsible for international publicity. Consulting the festival on international communications, inviting international key critics, keeping the profile of the festival up on a year-round basis at festivals attended by Silversalt PR, such as Cannes, Venice, Toronto, Berlin.
- MYN BALA by Akan Satayev, co-producer and unit publicist (2011). Historic epic, shot in Kazakhstan in 2011. Bringing international press (Evening Standard, Screen International, BBC World News, New York Post, tageszeitung, etc) to the film shoot in Almaty. Submitting the film to international festivals and approaching world sales companies.
- Dialogue of Cultures International Film Festival (2011), New York
Event production, securing two locations, festival partners films, talent, marketing and publicity campaigns.
- New York Film Festival (2011)
SODANKYLA FOREVER by Peter von Bagh (Finland)
- Toronto International Film Festival (2011)
AVALON by Axel Petersen for Trust Nordisk, winner of FIPRESCI award, THE GOOD SON by Zaida Bergroth, TAHRIR 2011 by Ayten Amin, Tamer Ezzat, Amr Salama.
- DocPoint Film Festival in New York (June 2011)
Consultant for the Finnish DocPoint documentary festival, finding partners for their first ever edition in New York in June 2011. MoMA (Sally Berger) will be one of the partners, in addition to the 92Y Tribeca, UnionDocs and the Scandinavia House. Silversalt PR will handle the publicity of DocPoint’s New York edition.
- MOTHER’S WISH (2011)
Finnish doc by Joonas Berghall, produced by Oktober Oy. Consultant for US financing.
- Cannes Marché du Film (2011): MYNA BALA by Akan Satayev (Kazakhstan), international and event publicity for beach party.
- Tribeca Film Festival (2011): BLACK BUTTERFLIES by Paula van der Oest, for Bavaria Film International.
- New Directors New Films (2011): CAIRO 678 by Mohamed Diab, for Fortissimo Films, at MoMA and Lincoln Center.
- New York theatrical releases (March 2011): THE GIFT TO STALIN (Cinema Village) and MOTHERLAND (The Quad)
- Korean American Film Festival (Chelsea Clearview Cinemas) (March 2011). Festival publicity.
- Rotterdam (2011): SILENT SONATA by Janez Burger, 6, 7, 8 by Mohamed Diab,
- Sundance (2011): POSITION AMONG THE STARS by Leonard Retel Helmrich. Winner of the Special Jury Award.
- Sundance, Rotterdam International Film Festival, The Louvre (2011)
The arts press for THE MILL AND THE CROSS by Lech Majewski with Rutger Hauer, Charlotte Rampling, Michael York
- Oscar campaign (2010) for Icelandic entry MAMMA GOGO by Fridrik Thor Fridriksson. Client: Bavaria Films
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (2010)
MY BAREFOOT FRIEND by Seong-gyou Lee (South Korea), feature-length competition)
- Toronto International Film Festival (2010)
MAMMA GOGO by Fridrik Thor Fridriksson, LAPLAND ODYSSEY by Dome Karukoski, BLESSED EVENTS by Isabelle Stever
- Venice International Film Festival (2010)
DAD by Vlado Škafar , HOMELAND by Syllas Tzoumerkas, LA COMMEDIA by Amos Poe
- Cannes, Marché du Film (2010)
MAMMA GOGO by Fridrik Thor Fridriksson, SONHOS ROUBADOS by Sandra Werneck,
- Hot Docs Toronto (2010)
FREETIME MACHOS by Mika Ronkainen, ITO by Pirjo Honkasalo, STEAM OF LIFE by Joonas Berghall & Mika Hotakainen, PORTRAIT OF A MAN by Visa Koiso-Kanttila
- Tribeca Film Festival (2010)
FREETIME MACHOS, a documentary by Mika Ronkainen, Competition
- Berlin International Film Festival (2010)
AMPHETAMINE by Scud, PUTTY HILL by Matt Porterfield, PUDANA by Markku Lehmuskallio and Anastasia Lapsui
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (2009)
FREETIME MACHOS by Mika Ronkainen, THE MISCREANTS OF TALIWOOD by George Gittoes
- Toronto International Film Festival (2009)
CRAB TRAP by Oscar Ruiz Nava, KARAOKE by Chris Chong, SLOVENIAN GIRL by Damjan Kozole, THE SUNSHINE BOY by Fridrik Thor Fridriksson
- Rutger Hauer Filmfactory (2009)
10-day international masterclas with Rutger Hauer, Lech Majewski, Claudia Llosa
- Cannes, Semaine de la Critique (2009)
ALTIPLANO by Brosens & Woodworth
- Tribeca Film Festival (2009)
NEWSMAKERS by Anders Banke
- Rotterdam International Film Festival (2009)
THE HUNGRY GHOSTS by Michael Imperioli – opening night film.